No more shying away from life’s moments. TREATING ACNE BEYOND JUST YOUR FACE.
It was also proven effective on chest, shoulders, and back acne. AKLIEF® (trifarotene) Cream, 0.005% works by removing dead skin cells from the surface to help unclog pores, and help prevent new acne from forming. It also reduces the inflammation often experienced with pimples.
Target acne with your new secret weapon: trifarotene.
Precise & Selective
The active ingredient in AKLIEF Cream is trifarotene, an innovative retinoid that specifically targets the root cause of acne.
Treating From All Angles
AKLIEF Cream starts to work quickly and is proven to be just as effective in treating acne on the face as across the chest, shoulders, and back.
AKLIEF Cream HOW TO USE.
Watch a short video to learn how to use AKLIEF Cream correctly to help get the most from your treatment.WATCH NOW
A simple daily routine.
CLEANSE. APPLY. MOISTURIZE.
1. CLEANSE the areas to be treated with a mild or soapless cleanser and pat dry.
2. APPLY a thin layer of AKLIEF Cream to the affected areas once a day in the evening. One pump for the face, two pumps for the chest, shoulders, and back.
3. MOISTURIZE as often as needed to help minimize skin dryness and irritation.
4. AVOID SUN by using sunscreen and wearing protective clothing.
Frequently asked questions:
THE ANSWERS YOU'RE LOOKING FOR.
Who can use AKLIEF Cream?
Does it matter what time of day I apply AKLIEF Cream?
How much AKLIEF Cream should I apply?
How can I apply AKLIEF Cream to my back?
What if I miss an application?
What if I get AKLIEF Cream in my eyes?
What should I avoid while using AKLIEF Cream?
- medicated or abrasive soaps and cleansers
- soaps, cleansers, and cosmetics that have strong skin drying effects
- products that contain high amounts of alcohol
If my acne gets better, should I stop using AKLIEF Cream?
Will my acne come back after my treatment with AKLIEF Cream?
How can I prevent my acne from coming back?
- Clean your skin gently, with a mild non-abrasive soap, at least once a day
- Use skin care products that won’t clog your pores. Look for “non-comedogenic” or “oil-free” labels on the packaging
- Wash your skin after exercise
- Wear loose-fitting clothing
How should I store AKLIEF Cream?
- Keep AKLIEF Cream away from heat
- If you receive a sample tube of AKLIEF Cream from your doctor, keep the tube tightly closed
Are there any side effects?
AKLIEF Cream may cause serious side effects, including: Local skin irritation. Local skin reactions are common with AKLIEF Cream, are most likely to happen during the first 4 weeks of treatment and may decrease with continued use of AKLIEF Cream. Signs and symptoms of local skin reactions include:
- stinging or burning
Tell your healthcare provider if you develop symptoms of a local skin reaction. Your doctor may tell you to use AKLIEF Cream less often, or to temporarily, or permanently stop your treatment with AKLIEF Cream.
These are not all the possible side effects of AKLIEF Cream. For more information, ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA 1088.
You may also report side effects to GALDERMA LABORATORIES, L.P. at 1-866-735-4127.