AKLIEF Cream: AN INNOVATIVE APPROACH.
The first topical treatment with proven results in treating facial and truncal acne is here.1,2
THE IMPORTANCE OF RAR-γ IN ACNE.
- Gamma is the most prevalent RAR subtype in the skin.3
- Inflammation modulated via AP-15,6
- Epidermal turnover and normalizing cell growth4-6
RAR=retinoic acid receptor; RAR-γ=retinoic acid receptor γ; AP-1=activator protein 1.
UNCOVER THE SECRET OF TRIFAROTENE
a 20x greater
affinity to RAR-γ, the most common retinoic
receptor in the skin3,4
- Retinoid molecules, such as trifarotene, are the core of topical therapy for acne because of their clincal effects and for their ability to affect many acne-related genes4
- In fact, 67 genes affected by trifarotene are not seen in naturally healing acne, only in trifarotene-treated skin. These genes impact pathways associated with immunity, inflammation, cell cycle, and tissue remodeling7
- Trifarotene induces expression of genes involved in skin hydration and cutaneous barrier function4
- Research proves that trifarotene is potent and effective in low doses, and has low systemic exposure4
- The exact process by which trifarotene ameliorates acne is unknown
THE FIRST TOPICAL RETINOID MOLECULE TO SPECIFICALLY TARGET RAR-γ.1
The above is not a representation of the actual percentage of receptors in the skin. In a study of human skin biopsies, the percentage of RAR found in the skin was3: RAR-α 12-14% | RAR-β not detected | RAR-γ 87%
RAR-α=retinoic acid receptor α; RAR-β=retinoic acid receptor β; RAR-γ=retinoic acid receptor γ.
A UNIQUE DELIVERY SYSTEM.
- 2 emollients
- Cyclomethicone and medium-chain triglycerides also allow for greater spreadability9-11
- Allantoin, which is a known skin conditioning agent and protectant9,11
- Simulgel® 600 PHA9
- Nongreasy and occlusive properties
- Allows for homogenous dispersion of active ingredients
- Not sensitive to pH changes
Emollients are mostly lipids and oils which hydrate and improve skin softness, flexibility, and smoothness.12
AKLIEF Cream in action THE POWER OF PRECISION.
The first topical retinoid to specifically target RAR-γ, the most prevalent receptor in the skin.2,3WATCH NOW
PROVEN EFFICACY IN TREATING
ACNE VULGARIS IN
PATIENTS ENROLLED IN
2 CLINICAL TRIALS2
RAPID RESULTS.* POWERFUL EFFICACY. EXCELLENT TOLERABILITY.2View Clinical Data
*Indicating a 2-week time frame on both the face and the trunk.2
ACNE THAT'S BEYOND WHAT'S IN PLAIN SIGHT.
Patients with truncal acne may not freely talk about it with their doctors for various reasons. However, if left untreated, it can have a negative impact on their daily lives.8,9LEARN MORE